The back panel is mapped out by the label on the side of the E5AX.
The E5AX can be either 1 or 2 output model. The one shown is a 2 output version. The interface is as follows:
- Heat Output - Terminals 10,9,8 - Usage depends on the output module in the unit
- Cool Output - Terminals 7,6 - Used only in cases where you have a cooling mechanism as well as heating
- Alarm Output - Terminals 4,5 Is a relay that closes when the temperature setting goes out of limits. Connect it to a flashing light or doorbell to alert for out of range conditions.
- SP Shift - Terminals 2,3 Set point shift. This is an input where you can control the set point shift to be on or off. Not of alot of use for kiln applications so far as I know.
- AC Power - Terminals 17,16. This is the controller power connection. The E5AX accepts 100 to 240 VAC.